[cairo] cross-compiling on Linux for Windows

Daniel K. O. danielko.listas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 15:54:42 PDT 2009

2009/10/11 Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi>:
> Of course, it's a bit sad that people have to try so hard to build
> zlib themselves, when zlib is one of the few open source libraries
> that have an official DLL right on its upstream website... which is
> up-to-date and works fine, zlib hasn't changed in years. Why can't
> libraries like zlib be considered part of the existing infrastructure,
> just like it is on Linux? (Yeah, I know, it's not provided as part of
> the operating system, or from the OS vendor through something that
> would correspond to Linux package management.)

As a side note, I had to build zlib myself yesterday, on a 32-bit
GNU/Linux system (Mandriva), because by default it is compiled with
32-bit file offsets (and my program was failing to gzseek with +4 GB
files). I wish it had the autoconf magic to enable large files like
almost everything else. So much for being part of the
infrastructure...

--
Daniel K. O.
"The only way to succeed is to build success yourself"