[cairo] Another set of OSX Build Instructions

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Mon Oct 19 22:20:02 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Ben Anderman wrote:

> I haven't finished yet, but I'm going to bed now. Here's a couple
> problems:
> mkdir ${BuildDir) has a closing bracket instead of brace.
> Typo in tar -xzf pkconfig.tgz (missing the g in pkg).
> The mv lines (like "mv pkg* pkgconfig") won't work properly because
> the .tgz files are still there, and are matched by the glob.
>
> I also think it'd be good to make it clear that these are dylibs,
> not frameworks, and that they're made to be packaged inside a .app.
> It doesn't specifically claim that they are frameworks, but it makes
> it sound like they are (in my opinion).
>
> Other than that it looks pretty good, and it's definitely a nice
> thing to have!

Suppose I should actually test my own page, huh? :)

I've done so now, making sure one can simply copy-paste between
browser and command line.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm assuming that the actual "style" is OK with people then? Getting a
lot of good technical feedback, the actual layout doesn't seem to be
raising too many concerns. I'll write up the Windows one along the
same lines tomorrow.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist