[cairo] Recommended method to use text on Windows CE/ Win32

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 00:52:26 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Mohit Sindhwani <ml3p at onghu.com> wrote:
> Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
>> Hi!  We are planning to use Cairo on Windows CE/ Windows Mobile.  So
>> far, we have been able to get pixman and Cairo to compile with Visual
>> Studio and are able to do stuff like drawing lines, polygons, working
>> with PNG (read only), etc.  Looking ahead, what's the recommended way
>> for us to use text on Windows CE/ Mobile?  Any one using something
>> successfully?
>>
> *bump*

Firefox uses Freetype on Windows CE, we'll move to use harfbuzz as
well in the future I believe.

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/gfx/thebes/src/gfxFT2Fonts.cpp

If you care about a subset of languages or fonts, your code could
likely be a lot simpler; strange fonts and flexible control over font
selection for different languages contributes a lot of lines to that
code.

Mike

Mike