[cairo] Cairo/DirectFB and HW gradient support.

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 01:06:19 PDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:56:49 +0200, haithem rahmani <haithem.rahmani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using cairo/directfb on my set-top box,
> the hw gfx device supports gradient operations however DirectfB does not
> provide any api to implement it.
>
> So how can I do to let cairo/directfb use the hw for the gradient
> operations?
> without breaking the cairo api?

Cairo exposes gradient patterns through its API. So you need to teach the
directfb backend to map those onto the h/w functionality exposed by
DirectFB, and when not possible simply continue to render the patterns to
a normal texture using pixman.

DirectFB becomes an increasing misnomer every day.
-ickle