[cairo] Looking for a few good sample inputs

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:11:13 PDT 2010

I'm looking for some good input sources of unicode character sequences
that show Pango off. The current character renderer we use (rather
dated) is a classic western left to right thing, measure character
cells, stream them left to right. I've played with some simple
examples, printing Arabic timestamps is interesting because they
require right-to-left and BIDI. And I did some decomposed character
sequences.

So I'm looking for some *useful* inputs that ours will fall over on,
and that I can then render with Pango, and demonstrate how much more
correct it is, and how we ought to invest in this sort of thing. :)

By useful, I mean sequences that aren't "edge cases", but likely to be
found in common software. Arabic timestamps was a great example o that.

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist