[cairo] cairo-gobject

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Sat Aug 7 11:37:47 PDT 2010

Hey all,

I've just pushed a cairo-gobject library to Cairo master. This library
is supposed to integrate Cairo with the GObject type system. Currently,
it only provides lots of get_type() functions with GTypes. I hope I
didn't introduce any dependency cycles here.

The reason for pushing this so quickly and not waiting for 1.12 is that
I want to use it in GTK 3 and it doesn't seem like there'll be a new
major Cairo release before that.

It's very sparse on documentation (read: no docs), but these functions
are generally not documented. So what do we do?

We should also add gobject-introspection support to Cairo. I don't think
it's a problem if we do that during the stable series so it's not
super-urgent. What is super-urgent though is making sure that the API is
fine for using it from inside gobject-introspection.

Also, I think this warrants a ne snapshot release?

Benjamin