[cairo] cairo-gobject

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Sun Aug 8 03:10:54 PDT 2010

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010, Andy Wingo wrote:

> On Sat 07 Aug 2010 20:37, Benjamin Otte <otte at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I've just pushed a cairo-gobject library to Cairo master. This library
> > is supposed to integrate Cairo with the GObject type system. Currently,
> > it only provides lots of get_type() functions with GTypes. I hope I
> > didn't introduce any dependency cycles here.
>
> Does this introduce a dependency on GLib and GObject from within Cairo?
> Though it does appear to be a conditional compile, most distros will
> build with GObject support, so even if you don't want to pull GLib into
> your address space, for whatever reason.

The idea was to introduce a parallel library libcairo-gobject.so to
hold those dependencies, but it appears not to have worked.  For some
reason libtool or automake adds glib and gobject as deps to cairo
proper too.  You can see them in the installed libcairo.la file as
well as ldd'ing the installed libcairo.so.

Joonas