[cairo] Suggestion to add some links

Daniel Goldman dagoldman at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 22:12:55 PDT 2010

> > If the web auto-generation software used to  make the api reference pages or
>archive pages doesn't allow this, that's pretty  pitiful.
>
> This can be done in doxygen by using HTML_HEADER and/or  HTML_FOOTER.

I'm afraid I don't know any details about doxygen or gtk-doc. I do know a lot
about web design and technical writing. Hopefully some others know if this is
possible within gtk-doc or the archive software.

I must say the introduction on the gtk-doc web site is not exactly promising or
confidence-inspiring: "GTK-Doc wasn't originally intended to be a
general-purpose 	  documentation tool, so it can be a bit awkward to setup and
use. For a more polished general-purpose documentation tool 	  you may want to
look 	  at doxygen".

Daniel

PS - I've been thinking to propose maybe moving from inline source documentation
(gtk-doc / doxygen) to a wiki. I saw this proposed on a cairo "summer of code"
page. I would not be in favor of switching to doxygen (if that's the suggestion)
without strongly considering using a wiki first. I would not be in favor of any
change without a lot of thought, because a lot of work would be involved.