[cairo] OpenVG

Paul Brooker paul at thefunnyfish.net
Tue Aug 31 12:49:41 PDT 2010

On 28/08/2010 02:44, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 08/26/2010 08:41 PM, Paul Brooker wrote:
>> Im using EGL 1.2 implemented on a TI OMAP.  The code i posted was more
>> or less the full file apart from the includes which were:
>>
>> #include<cairo.h>
>> #include<cairo-vg.h>
>> #include<EGL/egl.h>
>> #include<stdlib.h>
>>
>> It compiles without errors with the following:
>>
>> export PREFIX=/opt/omap
>> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig
>> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -Wall `pkg-config --cflags --libs cairo
>> freetype2 fontconfig pixman-1 libxml-2.0` -lpng12 -lz -L$PREFIX/lib
>> -lEGL -lIMGegl -lsrv_um -lGLESv2 -lGLES_CM -lOpenVG -lOpenVGU
>> -I$PREFIX/include -I$PREFIX/include/cairo -I$PREFIX/include/OVG -o
>> testcairovg testcairovg.c
>>
>> On the target, it runs but nothing is drawn on screen.  Cairo works fine
>> when drawing to an image surface.
>
> If you explicitly draw the xwindow and pass the dpy and win something
> changes? The mesa progs examples for openvg should build with your
> implementation, do they run for you?
>
> lu

Hmm, not sure i understand, im not using a windowing system.  I think i know what is going on now, it looks like the cairo surface targets egl pixel
buffers and not the native display surface as i was hoping. I dont know anything about X but i assume an Xwindow is tied to the egl client pixel
buffer somehow.

Paul