[cairo] multithreaded bug in cairo on call to cairo stroke?

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 12:16:30 PST 2010

Andrea Canciani wrote:

> We should probably state that cairo 1.10 is *not* threadsafe and work
> on improving threadsafety for future releases.

Ouch. Our application relies on multiple threads. It is assumed that
rendering into the *same* surface can't be concurrent and (based on past
experience) text operations are not threadsafe (and as such,
exclusive/serialized). But inability to use the same source (pattern
used for drawing, be that a color or an image) in more than one thread
would be a major problem. It actually worked until now - it'd be great
to keep this functionality.

--M