[cairo] invalid value (typically too big) for the size of the input (surface, pattern, etc.)

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Dec 22 00:02:12 PST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, cu wrote:

> I thought it was 2^24 ? Was this reduced?

The integer part of the fixed point type used to represent paths is 24
bits wide, so the limit there is about +-8M.  The 32767 limit on the
width/height dimensions of an image surface is new in 1.10.  In
previous versions we'd just render bad things (and sometimes still do,
but not so much.)  Other backends can have larger or (typically)
smaller limits on width/height due to different hardware limitatons
for example.

Cheers,

Joonas