[cairo] Subtractive API, part 0

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 10:52:21 PST 2010

Am 03.02.10, 19:29 +0100 schrieb ecir hana:
> - Would I get the same results across different platform? (IIRC, why
> then Firefox developed their own CMS?)

Thats one goal of colour management to get predictable and reproduceable
results, at best in a easy and automatic fashion.
(Most colour people do not understand the Mozilla decission to reinvent
the wheel with a own CMM. Lcms could have been fixed for the security
issues or even forked. Lcms is considered a high quality CMM and was in
early 3xx FF versions used.)

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--