[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 12:38:28 PST 2010

Am 15.02.10, 18:07 +0100 schrieb ecir hana:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> To clamp them to sRGB is often enough undesireable.
>
> I believe Bill Spitzak was specifically talking about unclamped sRGB
> (IIRC, Microsoft calls it scRGB).

These are two pairs of shoes. I assume that without colour management a
floating point sRGB representation will be clamped while converting to
PNG. One solution would be to allow for a colour transform before
clamping during the conversion from float to integer. The other is to
allow for larger than sRGB, say ICC based. The later works even without
floats.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--