[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 22:25:35 PST 2010

Am 17.02.10, 11:39 -0800 schrieb Bill Spitzak:
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
>> Such direct from device to device converting technices are not standardised
>> in ICC.
>
> This is EXACTLY why I don't want Cairo to do this.
>
> Do you really think if Cairo defined how it understands color profiles it
> would support this? Apparently not.
>
> Exactly how do you think your magical color correction is going to not be
> instantly obsolete if you force the back end to do this work?

Device link technology is completely ICC standard conform. There is no
doubt.

Please, Cairo shall not parse ICC profiles and do colour conversions by
its own. Thats up to libraries like lcms, ColorSync, WCS.
www.littlecms.com

Colour conversions on linux are almost modular. No need to reinvent the
wheel.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--