[cairo] [RFC] Color space API (partial proposal)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Feb 28 02:09:18 PST 2010

Am 24.02.10, 15:50 -0800 schrieb Bill Spitzak:
> Okay I think I missed something.
>
> Does a color space define how to mix the channels together? If so what should
> we do about Cairo compositing operations that it does not include?

Currently ICC has no concept about mixing solour spaces at all.

> Or (as I have been assuming) the blending color space is designed such that
> normal linear math of the channels produces the desired result?

The blending color space is almost in the domain of the user, e.g. the
application.

> I understand that there is another transform between the blending space and
> the final device, though I am concerned about the speed impact if this
> transform is not the identity.

Is blending a identity? However there might be enough use cases to have
the output and blending colour spaces equal.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management