[cairo] Adding a color management interface to GTK

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 03:59:49 PST 2010

2010/1/21 Jon Cruz <jon at joncruz.org>:
> Uh oh... that sounds like doing color adjustment in several disjoint passes.
> That would be bad. Very different from "everything coming in gets converted
> to sRGB then we leave them alone."

No, converting everything to sRGB would be loosing a large amount of
information in application that care a lot about photos. sRGB is the
least common denominator, which might be fine for trivial things, but
viewing a large jpg photo (encoded with AdobeRGB) on a fairly good
monitor (not a laptop) would look much worse that not doing any color
correction at all. sRGB is good for "I don't know" situations, but
sucks as a "convert everything to this colorspace in a lossy way"
solution.

Richard.