[cairo] Subtractive API, part 0

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Sat Jan 30 21:12:34 PST 2010

On Jan 31, 2010, at 9:44 AM, ecir hana wrote:

> CMS is basically two things, one simple and one really difficult.
> There actually is one and only, true color space - LAB.

Not so much. Lab is a colorspace that is not as used nowadays. L*a*b* is really the more common one, and is often called "CIELAB". We also have XYZ . But... as you pointed out there is another complication. Without a white point being specified, "Lab" values do not define absolute colors.

Not trying to get too pedantic, but with the things we're discussing the difference between "Lab" and "L*a*b*" are significant.