[cairo] libsvg status?

Freddie Witherden freddie at witherden.org
Tue Jul 6 16:03:19 PDT 2010

Hi,

On 6 Jul 2010, at 17:23, Edward Lam wrote:
> Dominic Lachowicz wrote:
>> It's not maintained, and it doesn't implement large parts of the SVG
>> static specification. If it does what you need it to, by all means,
>> feel free to use it.
>
> Point taken.
>
> Where is the source repo for libsvg and libsvg-cairo? The latest code I have been able to find is from http://cairographics.org/snapshots/. I tried looking in http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ and http://git.gnome.org/ to no avail.

I worked with libsvg and libsvg-cairo some time ago and could not find any SCM repositories for either (however this may have changed).

I suspect this is primarily because no one has wanted to work on it since the move to git.

Saying that, I do believe there is a market for libsvg and libsvg-cairo.

Polemically yours, Freddie.