[cairo] Multi-thread issue in cairo-win32-font.c

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 03:43:22 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 20:30 -0700, Lufy D.Monkey wrote:
> I had a solution for this but I am not sure what the process is to
> review/submit the patch? Do you have any document on this?

Turns out we don't have a document on patch submission. The steps are
basically:
1) Produce a patch
We take patches in "unified diff" form. That's the form that running the
command "diff -u" outputs. All git commands produce patches in this
format.
If you run git on Windows, you can just use "git format-patch" to create
the patches. If you work with tarballs, you can either install the MSYS
or Cygwin version of the diff utility or use Google to find a better
tool for the job.

2) Submit the patch
People usually submit patches either as bugs in our bugtracker at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org or, send them to this mailing list or show
up in our IRC channel to discuss it.

The whole process is pretty flexible, it's based around two rules:
1) We need to get the patch in an easy format for review and committing.
2) We need to get back o you if we have questions about it.

Benjamin