[cairo] List of required DLL when distributing?

Mj Mendoza IV mjmendoza at konsolscript.org
Thu Jun 3 23:19:40 PDT 2010

I tried sharing my test appto a friend. Accompanying my appis the libcairo-2.dll. And since I am using the PNG and ZLib, I also included libpng12-0.dll and zlib1.dll. To my surprise, my friend didn't get to test my app. It was looking for libfontconfig-1.dll, then libexpat-1.dll then freetype6.dll.

Lucky for me, I have GIMP installed which have all these.

So my question is, does Cairo really need those?!? Is there a way to remove the dependency on libfontconfig, libexpat, and freetype?

My test app is at: http://konsolscript.org/demo/quixie-cairo-100601.zip

Regards.

Mj Mendoza IV,
Developer, KonsolScript