[cairo] Translate the content of a painted surface

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 06:31:55 PDT 2010

2010/6/9 Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:
> Otherwise I still have some tricks in mind in order to achieve this.
> By example, by using two surfaces, an old one and a new one. I paint
> the old one on the new but shifted/"translated", update the small
> part, and keep a reference from the new on the old one, and so forth.

Doesn't work well at all, a screenshot is attached. As the old surface
is reused on a new one shifted to the left, it is getting more and
more blurred as it is paint.

The CPU cost for drawing the complete graph is very low, so I will go
without the idea of reusing a painted surface for now, but I'm still
curious.

--
Mike