[cairo] Svg optimisation ?

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Wed May 19 04:11:08 PDT 2010

With the development version of cairo, you can use a "meta" surface to
capture and replay your drawing commands. I believe that there is a
trick you can do with older versions of cairo to achieve the same
effect. I believe it involves creating a PDF surface with a NULL
output stream.

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Stuart Axon <stuaxo2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I m using rsvg to load an svg to a surface.  Is there anything I can do with Cairo to optimise the surface, once ANC then keep it around?
>
> Was thinking stuff like hidden surface removal and optimisation of the paths, e.g. Merging areas of the same final colour.
>
> - so that drawing is faster, but it can still be scaled (I draw lots of different size versions of it, so generating bitmaps and keeping them around could cost CPU and memory)
>

> --

"I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." --  Oliver Wendell Holmes