[cairo] Should Cairo support non-bitmap memory surfaces?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Sun May 23 21:55:22 PDT 2010

On 05/22/2010 02:40 AM, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:

> When rendering to a vector surface, Cairo should only use a bitmap when
> the desired feature is not available in the target surface. Drawing a
> stroked and filled rectangle with transparency is supported by SVG,
> which means the resulting file should only contain vector instructions.
>
> If not, it's a bug.

I believe he is concerned about the area where the stroke overlaps the
fill, best seen if the line width is large. SVG and Cairo will both
produce the composite of the stroke and fill colors+alpha at this point.
What he wants is for it to draw as there no fill was done there at all
and only the stroke color+alpha contributes to those pixels.