[cairo] Help in X-Scaling

Mj Mendoza IV mjmendoza at konsolscript.org
Tue May 25 01:53:45 PDT 2010

My understanding of "x scale" is different to how cairo implemented it in  cairo_scale.

Here's how I thought it would work.

I have a 50x50 (WxH) surface, x scaling it twice should give me 100x50  (WxH), cairo_scale did so as expected. Upon rotating 90degrees (1.5707963... radians), I expected for the image to keep the 100pixel-wide crosswise scaling while rotated in 90degrees. But, as it rotated 90degrees, the image started to stretched lengthwise instead.

(Don't know if I'm making any sense here. I think I should make an illustration instead)

Anyway, to others who had the same problem, may I ask how you managed to maintain the 100x50 (WxH) as it rotates.

Regards.

Mj Mendoza IV,
Developer, KonsolScript
http://www.konsolscript.org