[cairo] Clipper for Cairo (a different) :)

Angus Johnson angus at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 4 13:49:43 PDT 2010

On 5/11/2010 7:11 AM, Mindaugas Kavaliauskas wrote:
> I'm one of developers of Harbour compiler:
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/harbour-project/
>
> Harbour is multiplatform open source compiler that is backward
> compatible with Clipper programing language, but has a lot of new
> features. Perhaps you do not know Clipper, but you might here about
> FoxPro. So, Clipper was a competitor of FoxPro in old DOS times.

I have very fond memories of Clipper (Summer 87) and even 5.1 & 5.2
weren't too bad (though they lacked the beauty and simplicity of 87).
However, after struggling for a few months with Visual Objects,
Nantucket's 'upgrade' of Clipper for Windows 3.1, I swapped to Delphi
(1) and have been programming in Delphi ever since :).