[cairo] Cairo GLES2.0 backend

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 14:11:18 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 16:18 +0200, Alexandros Frantzis wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 05:10:23AM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
> > Regarding web support, you should consider openvg as well.
>
> At this point I am considering only OpenGL ES2.0 support, mainly because
> I don't have time for both ES2.0 and VG, and ES2.0 support in drivers
> for embedded systems seems to be better compared to OpenVG support.

I second this. I have not seen anybody investing significant time in
OpenVG, neither hardware vendors nor Free Software developers. All
OpenVG stuff I've seen is in some sort of toy state.

On Free software mailing lists, it's also usually only advocated by
people not working on the project...

Benjamin