[cairo] Mesh gradients

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:46:57 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Franz Schmid
<Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:
> Adrian Johnson schrieb:
>> On 19/11/10 23:01, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
>>>
>>> This is quite timely. The SVG working group has begun to look at the
>>> possibility of adding mesh gradients (and/or other advance gradients) to
>>> the standard. Support for mesh gradients has been a much asked for
>>> feature by Inkscape users. Having support in Cairo would help the cause.
>>
>> The mesh gradients feature is planned for 1.12. We are interested in any
>> feedback on the proposed API and implementation.
> The Scribus Team is pleased to hear that, currently we use Adrian's very
> old gradient mesh branch in a private copy to do our mesh gradients.

Did you receive any bug reports against that?
I would be very interested in particular in incorrect rendering reports, but
pointing out performance issues would be useful as well.

Was the API structure good for your needs?

> If the mesh gradient code would go into master, we are able to discontinue
> our private copy.

I'm working on some cleanup on the pattern code to be applied before adding
the meshes and the API is not yet finalized, but I believe gradient
mesh patterns
will certainly be available in cairo 1.12 (and much before that in
cairo/master).

Thank you
Andrea