[cairo] cairo with open GL backend

Steve Harrington steven.harrington at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 15:09:16 PST 2010

On 11/20/2010 02:20 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 01:54 PM, guhan senthilkumar wrote:
>
>> Oh like that. Ok Ok.. :)
>> I have driver support for my GPU..
>>
>> Do you have a working example with openGL backed.??
>> Or just please help me get started with writing the most simplest of
>> applications with cairo and openGL backend. :) :)
>>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~anholt/cairogears might help.
>
> lu

Helps a lot. Looking at the boilerplate I thought I must have been
mistaken to see so many raw Xlib calls but it seems that is the way this
backend is designed to be used.

I do have one problem with cairogears however.  I get an error
(cairogears.c line 364) when I run the program:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib ./cairogears -gl GRAD
error constructing context: the surface type is not appropriate for the
operation

although the gears window is drawn but not updated if I comment out the
exit(1) on line 367.  If this is something obvious please let me know.
If not I'll probably run into it again as I adapt this code for my own use.

Thanks for the example.