[cairo] [Pixman] FPU requirement in SoC based devices

Krzysztof Kosiński tweenk.pl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 11:03:21 PDT 2010

2010/8/26 Siarhei Siamashka <siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com>:
> Let me remind that the original problem is that using 16.16 fixed point format
> for coordinates is the source of some issues:
> http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2010-August/020447.html
>
> It has to be solved somehow. And anyone can participate proposing some good
> solution for it.

I think the best solution is to allow the numeric type to be selected
at build time, and provide public interfaces for at least double and
fixed. An application could use either interface, but all parameters
would internally be converted to the numeric type defined at build
time. This would guarantee high precision for FPU-capable systems
without harming FPU-less performance.

Regards, Krzysztof