[cairo] Deprecate cairo_rectangle_list_t?

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Mon Sep 13 12:24:16 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 15:17 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Now that we have a region type, shall we just deprecate
> cairo_rectangle_list_t?  We would then add a:
>
>   cairo_copy_clip_region ()

So how exact is that clip region? Does it contain every pixel touched by
the clip? Or just those above a certain threshold? Or does it only do a
rough approximation of the clip (like cairo_clip_extents does)?

> Also, personally I wouldn't mind seeing cairo_region_get_rectangles() that
> returns a pointer to the internally-owned rectangle array (which would be only
> valid as long as the region is not modified).

I think that's not necessary. All the use cases I've seen so far seem to
indicate you don't need it and get by fine with
cairo_region_get_rectangle(). But that's just the
lets-keep-the-API-small part in me speaking, so I certainly don't object
an API like that on principle.

Benjamin