[cairo] Rotated glyph inked area problem

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Sep 14 21:17:32 PDT 2010

Thanks for the message.

At this time, I think there's still room for much experimentation before one
can denounce this deficiency as a FreeType shortcoming.  Sure, FreeType could
do a better job at rasterization, but then again, users like cairo are always
free to do their own rasterization, and jumping at "fixing" FreeType before
fully understanding the problem may be a mistake.  I hope that the work I'm
currently doing (an always-device-independent text rendering system) will help
us better know what we want from FreeType in the future.  But even that leaves
cases that FreeType as it is today would still be desirable for the
foreseeable future.

behdad