[cairo] Problem in dot matrix windows printer!!!

wahono at acosys.co.id wahono at acosys.co.id
Mon Feb 28 18:49:06 PST 2011

Hi,
I use cairo for printing interface. I use it in FreePascal.
I got trouble in dot matrix printer which have different resolution
between x and y. I use LX-300+II (120X72DPI).

So I should scale cairo surface to match with printer resolution. And with
this way, I got good result. All drawing object is printed as in screen.
But for text, I got unproportional scale, even I dont use scale surface.

The text is printed unscaled width and height, but white space is scaled.
So the text is printed crossing between chars.

I got his trouble when I use cairo_show_text, but after I change to :

    cairo_text_path (fcairo.context, pchar(stringtolatin1(str1)));
    cairo_fill(fcairo.context);

I got good result. But the problem is, because the text is printed as
graphic, so printing is very slow, and char is not printed perfectly, some
chars doesn't print clearly.

Maybe this is a bug, or any trick for windows printer?

Thank in advance.

Wahono