[cairo] performance tuning questions

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:33:01 PST 2011

Though I know almost nothing of the cairo inwards I suggest that you
investigate the following.

   - Try using the Anti-Grain Graphics (agg) library instead. When I
   benchmarked the two a few years back, agg was substantially faster. Although
   I find the agg API much more awkward to use, in terms of functionality and
   visual results the two appear equivalent for vector graphics. (For text I
   still used pangocairo even when using agg though.)
   - Try using one of the OpenGL backends for cairo.

Regards,
Dov