[cairo] cairo_get_target() and groups

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 02:20:15 PDT 2011

2011/7/10 Krzysztof Kosiński <tweenk.pl at gmail.com>:
> Hello
>
> When a group is pushed onto a context using cairo_push_group(),
> cairo_get_target() will return the base surface rather than the
> temporary surface used by the group. Is this by design? It looks like
> a bug to me.

That's cairo_get_target() vs. cairo_get_group_target().

http://www.cairographics.org/manual/cairo-cairo-t.html#cairo-get-target
http://www.cairographics.org/manual/cairo-cairo-t.html#cairo-get-group-target

I think that the naming might have been better, but I do not have any
actual proposal and changing it right now is not possible because it would
imply API breakage.

> [By the way: I have merged the Cairo rendering branch of Inkscape to
> trunk recently, so the next release will use Cairo for all rendering.
> Thank you for fixes for bugs #29470, #29521 and #32215 which made this
> possible.]

Cool!

Andrea