[cairo] Cairo with OpenGLES

Alexandros Frantzis alexandros.frantzis at linaro.org
Fri Jul 22 03:02:53 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 04:54:18PM +0900, Makoto Kato wrote:
> Linaro is porting it.
>
> https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1111/TechnicalTopics/Graphics
> http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2011-March/021808.html

Hi,

cairo trunk contains a working gl/gles2 backend (gles 1.1 is not
supported). There are some things that still need work, like shader
workarounds for platforms that don't support GL_OES_texture_npot and
also proper support for reading from/writing to image surfaces (e.g. if
they have a pixel format not natively supported by GLES2). Another
important aspect is performance optimizations.

Other higher priority tasks have been keeping me busy, so I haven't
started looking into these topics yet.

Thanks,
Alexandros