[cairo] Cairo with OpenGLES

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 03:39:04 PDT 2011

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:02:53 +0300, Alexandros Frantzis <alexandros.frantzis at linaro.org> wrote:
> cairo trunk contains a working gl/gles2 backend (gles 1.1 is not
> supported). There are some things that still need work, like shader
> workarounds for platforms that don't support GL_OES_texture_npot and
> also proper support for reading from/writing to image surfaces (e.g. if
> they have a pixel format not natively supported by GLES2). Another
> important aspect is performance optimizations.

And the critical item on my list there is a high-level interface for the
GL backend. We're using the tessellation routines designed for xrender all
too frequently, and not taking advantage of simple geometry...

And Andrea has got me excited about doing cairo_shape_t again. The benefit
here is that it is meant to be a backend cache of the tessellated
geometry. That would require application level support to fully exploit.
-Chris