[cairo] [patch] Bug building cairo/pixman in windows

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:25:15 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Nicholas Cameron
<Nicholas.Cameron at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi, I have been trying to build cairo in Windows, and finally succeeded, but
> along the way found and fixed a small bug (at least I think so, this is my
> first time playing with Cairo, so I may have just made a beginner's mistake,
> if so, apologies).
>
> Note, that I had to apply this patch, to get building to work in windows:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2011-May/021927.html
>
> The bug: due to this patch
> (http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pixman/2011-May/001226.html), pixman
> requires
> _pixman_implementation_create_noop, defined in pixman-noop.c, however, this
> is not in the list of sources in makefile.win32, and so on building Cairo I
> got a linking error (error lnk2001 unresolved external symbol) about this
> symbol. The patch fixes this by simply adding pixman-noop.c to the lsit of
> sources.

This has already been fixed in:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/commit/?id=827e61333865dc94851eb79c8e640b103e3fd629
(the patch was proposed in:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pixman/2011-May/001265.html)

> (It is also my first time making a Git patch, so I hope that it works
> properly, I tested it as best I could)

Yes, your patch is fine ;)
(Well, if I had to be nitpicking, I'd complain about inconsistent
indentation, but the git-related part is perfect).

Thank you for your report
I hope you'll have fun using cairo/pixman
Andrea