[cairo] Cairo and GDK

Andrej Prsa andrej.prsa at guest.arnes.si
Wed Mar 2 06:56:56 PST 2011

Hi,

I am witnessing performance issues with cairo + gdk backend when
plotting 20000+ circles with cairo_stroke (it takes ~20 seconds). I
tried clipping, but the improvement was only marginal. Then I tried
doing the same in python with matplotlib, using GTKCairo as backend,
and the plotting was instantaneous. So it seems to me that the issue is
in the gdk-to-cairo bridge. As I keep hunting for the issue, I was
wondering if anyone has had any similar experience with this?

Thanks,
Andrej