[cairo] Correctly copying surfaces

Felix Lelchuk FelixLelchuk at web.de
Fri Mar 25 08:38:26 PDT 2011

Hello!

I'm new to Cairo and I've got a question about copying surfaces.

I'm trying to draw on one image surface and then copy it over to another by creating a pattern and then drawing it using cairo_rectangle and cairo_fill. None of the surfaces has anti-aliasing turned on but I get a blurred (anti-aliased?) image if I scale the pattern by 1.5. It looks like the copied area is rasterized and the copying is actually a "bitmap stretching".

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the expected un-blurred behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Felix