[cairo] How to enable cairo in Windows?

Sverre Stausland johnsen at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 1 13:17:53 PDT 2011

> I just tried to create PDF output using cairo+pango and the Doulos SIL
> font under windows. With the binaries from
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32[/dependencies] it
> works fine. So it's probaly that the pdf backend in R's Cairo package
> isn't compiled with all the options you require. I suppose you have
> to talk to the developer of that package. Otherwise I have no clue.

Good. I am actually corresponding with the developer of the Cairo
package as well now, so hopefully there'll be an answer to this.

> I case you want to try if the setup you have works at all under windows
> I attached the test thingy. If desired I can send you the exe.

Please bear in mind that I am an end-user, and not a developer. I
understand from the file extension that this is a file written in C
code, but I haven't got the faintest idea what I am supposed to do
with it :)

Sverre