[cairo] [OT] Recommended Reading

Mohit Sindhwani ml3p at onghu.com
Thu Aug 16 12:33:08 PDT 2012

Dear Martin,

On 4/7/2012 1:32 AM, Martin Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Mohit Sindhwani <ml3p at onghu.com> wrote:
>> I looked at: http://cairographics.org/bibliography/ but that is essentially
>> 'where the good ideas came from'...
> The Porter & Duff paper listed in the bibliography is actually a
> really good read. It doesn't cover some Cairo concepts, like masking,
> but it helped me to start building an intuition about the basics of
> the compositing operators.

Thanks for pointing me to the Porter & Duff paper.. it is quite
excellent!  It's not everyday that you read something that says - "Let
us call this an alpha channel, and let us treat an alpha of 0 to
indicate no coverage, 1 to mean full coverage, with fractions
corresponding to partial coverage."

Thanks, again!

Anything else that would help me understand the concepts?

Thanks,
Mohit.
17/8/2012 | 3:33 AM.