[cairo] Reducing GL context switches

Martin Robinson mrobinson at igalia.com
Wed Mar 7 12:47:23 PST 2012

On 02/28/2012 02:55 PM, Martin Robinson wrote:
> Recently I've been experimenting with ways to reduce unnecessary context
> switches in the GL backend. Based on input from Henry Song and Chris
> Wilson I've written two patches at:
>
> https://github.com/mrobinson/cairo/tree/reduce-context-switches

I've updated this branch (needs to be re-pulled completely) with some
bug fixes and collapsing cairo_glx_device_set_thread_aware and
cairo_egl_device_set_thread_aware, into simply
cairo_gl_device_set_thread_aware.

It seems no one is opposed to these kind of changes, so I hope reviewers
feel it's a good fit for Cairo. I think a solution such as this one is
key to achieving good performance on certain GPUs.

--Martin