[cairo] line width question

Carlo defrag1986 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:55:16 PDT 2012

Hi to all,
I have a question about the line width in Cairo. As defined in the API
manual, when I specify a line width : "The line width value specifies
the diameter of a pen that is circular in user space". So when I draw a
line with a width > 2, the start point P(x,y) is located in the middle
of the line. For my application purpose, i want to set the start point
of the line as the left edge corner, how can I do it? I can't figure a
solution for my problem, the only way I thought is to draw the lines
with cairo_rectangle, but I can't manage dashed line .

thank you
Carlo Ferraresi