[cairo] Using cairo with image surface backend results hangs system

Carl D. Blake carl at boeckeler.com
Tue Nov 13 08:03:02 PST 2012

I got it to work by disabling the simd and neon optimizations in the
pixman build, so it looks like Siarhei is correct and the neon
instructions were causing a lockup in non-cached memory.

>From what Chris said it sounds like I should make a shadow framebuffer
which is located in standard memory, perform all draws on that memory,
determine a rectangle which encompasses the draws that have been done,
and then do a final blit using that rectangle into the actual
framebuffer using CAIRO_OPERATOR_SOURCE.  Would this actually improve
performance even though I will be duplicating memory writes for every
operation?  I can do these blits with memcpy, but I wondered if pixman
would handle this better.  Are there any examples available?

Carl