[cairo] Firefox failure with cairo 1.12.6 on NetBSD-current amd64

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 03:02:02 PDT 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:30:00 +0200, Martin Husemann <martin at duskware.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 09:59:26AM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Can you please take a look at src/cairo-xlib-surface-shm.c,
> > xorg_has_buggy_send_shm_completion_event() and add a necessary clause to
> > detect your XServer? Or attach your xdpyifo?
>
> Thanks for quick reply and pointer to easy solution - I mixed it with the
> bzero Thomas just reported (haven't tried individually yet), and sure enough
> this makes it work again.
>
> Our server identifies as:
>
> version number:    11.0
> vendor string:    The Xorg Foundation
> vendor release number:    11003000

Hmm, that should have been caught by the existing Xorg blacklist. Do you
mind seeing where I made my mistake?

In the meantime, I've applied Uli's suggestion and perform an explicit
test in case X generates a BadValue error when we try to use XSendEvent.

Which is the bzero issue? I don't recall seeing that...
-Chris