[cairo] Cairo OpenGL ES 2.0 backend is rotting away?

Henry (Yu) Song - SISA hsong at sisa.samsung.com
Wed Sep 26 07:33:51 PDT 2012

Hi, Kevin

When you fetch code from http://code.google.com/cairogles, please use "release" branch

Thanks

Henry
From: cairo-bounces+hsong=sisa.samsung.com at cairographics.org [cairo-bounces+hsong=sisa.samsung.com at cairographics.org] on behalf of Henry (Yu) Song - SISA [hsong at sisa.samsung.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:30 AM
To: Kevin Read; cairo at cairographics.org
Subject: Re: [cairo] Cairo OpenGL ES 2.0 backend is rotting away?

Hi, Kevin

Alex has implemented it and it has been merged in cairo upstream.  If your driver supports MSAA, I suggest to take a look at cairo msaa backend.  It is in http://code.google.com/p/cairogles.  It is  more stable and faster than spans/traps compositor in cairo upstream.  export CAIRO_GL_COMPSITOR=msaa to use msaa compositor.  If your cairo code does not have multithreading, please add cairo_gl_device_set_thread_aware (device, FALSE) to reduce context switch.  Please let us know if you experience any problems/bugs so that we can fix it promptly.  We have not upstreamed our code to cairo upstream yet, but eventually plan to.

Thanks

Henry