[cairo] Is Cairo fo me?

Stefan Salewski mail at ssalewski.de
Fri Apr 12 10:51:48 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 15:22 +0100, José Antonio Carmena wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new to Cairo. Glad to be here. I'm not an english speaker

Me too, so maybe I missed the most important points:

What is your programming language?

Do you need the speed of OpenGL?

Is your software commercial or free open source?

Cairo is nice, I have used it with Ruby bindings
(http://www.ssalewski.de/PetEd.html.en), but only for Linux. Mixing
OpenGl and cairo is something what is not very well documented -- at
least I have not found much detailed examples. Some people say that QT
has better support for OpenGl, I have seen that
http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq19-graphicsview.html
but never find time to investigate it. And for me Gtk/Cairo/Linux is
sufficient.