[cairo] Thorough (complete begginners) tutorial to setting up msvc2012 with Cairo and Gtk+2.x

Arthur Wulf White arthurwulfwhite at live.com
Thu Apr 18 11:24:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have just been through the process of setting up Cairo and Gtk+ on MSVC for the first time. It is easy to see how that can be a trivial thing for an experienced user. As a beginner, it was an unpleasant experience. While I do not compare the two, setting up "Allegro" only took me about five minutes. The difference is simply that a wiki page with a thorough guide already exists for Allegro.

I was wondering if anyone would like a tutorial on how to setup and run a "Hello World" project with Cairo and Gtk+ on MSVC?
If so, please let me know and I'll post it on the mailing list. If it is useful, perhaps it could be included in the official site?

Regards,

Arthur W. White