[cairo] PATCH: GL: Create glyph mask surface only once per context, enlarge on demand

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:35:17 PST 2013

Hi Chris,

> Because I want to promote better drivers. Working around issues that can
> be easily fixed in the driver for the betterment of all, just leads to
> stagnation as nobody feels the impetus to do anything.

I really agree with your pov, however experience as developer of the
xrender java backend has taught me otherwise.

Typically performance bugs don't get a lot of attention (this was also
true for the intel DDX driver a few years back ;) ), especially not
for the under-staffed mesa drivers. Even crashers I filed against
Intel's mesa driver never got a lot of attention, so I don't think
RFEs regarding performance would have resulted in any actual
improvements.

The question seems to be whether to do the right thing vs  do what
results in the best results.

Regards, Clemens

PS: Thanks again for your SNA efforts. Its a real joy to do
desktop-work with the intel drivers!