[cairo] SVG backend bug?

Edward Zimmermann Edward.Zimmermann at cib.de
Wed Jul 17 01:56:52 PDT 2013

Its being produced by rendering PDF. The test PDF has been attached to this mail.
Its interesting to also note that Poppler renders it correctly as PNG but its SVG
completely fails (using pdftocairo -png resp. -svg). This too seems to indicate
problems in the SVG backend as our front-ends are fully and completely different.

Using Cairo I've rendered it through a number of back-ends..
Image surface [OK]
PS surface [OK]
PDF surface [OK]
SVG suface [FAILS]

What is also interesting is that if I do a write PNG from the SVG surface the result is
OK (low quality but placement is correct). This seems to indicate that the SVG writer is
messing up.